Tuesday, June 12, 2007

nana

Bubba and I talk about her alot in our reminiscing....
Never has there been a mother who loved more unconditionally...
Who took her job of mothering up as her cross and raised three amazing children practically on her own.

She never had much as the world thinks about such things, but she always had something to give.....many times what she gave us got us through a difficult time.

She showed us her love with her cooking and that was a worthy gift. She cooked good, simple food and we loved it. No one made biscuits like her..............and oh how we would sit around her table and laugh.

She hand-made all of her grandchildren a quilt...which became coverlets on their beds to keep them warm at night.

I remember that she always asked us if we needed a Tylenol. When we were younger we would think, "What is she thinking, what would we need a Tylenol for?" Now I would gladly take it if she asked and ask for two.

I enjoy sitting in her room at Tara and rambling on with her train of thought. I've always felt so loved in her presence.

2 comments:

David said...

I added you to the links section on my blog. You're definately a more consistent blogger than me right now.

Estelle said...

After the tears the thoughts really set out for me also.
Don't forget the beach trips with
all the chicken salad, shrimp salad,
and bar b que. Those were the days!!!
She was checking on her flowers in
the yard today.
Carrie