Monday, June 11, 2007

laughing medicine

There are several people in my life that can make me double over laughing....they know who they are. There is no better feeling than to be truly "caught up" in a laughing fit that will not let go. After this laughing fit finally drifts slowly away when you finally catch your breath, you feel somehow refreshed and satisfied.

Amanda called yesterday afternoon and woke me up from my Sunday afternoon nap. She knows better than that.......but I knew it must be something very important. I didn't answer when it rang the first time.....I had to come out of the stuper I had gotten myself into, you know the kind of nap where you go deep and have a hard time waking up....well, I was in for a good one.

I called her back and she preceeded to tell me the funniest thing that had happened to her after church yesterday. It was funny and awful at the same time. I still crack up when I think about it. It has to be told in person and I can't tell it in mixed company, but believe me it is a winner!

Ask me the next time I see you.................

"A joyful heart is good medicine." Proverbs 17:22

No comments: