Saturday, January 5, 2008

the existence of God

The first question that we must ask ourselves in our quest to know God is, does God exist?

"The Bible does not argue about the existence of God, it declares it. The Bible does not give us any proofs of the existence of God, it assumes it."*
The Bible assumes by it's very nature that God exists, has always existed, and will always exist. That is the whole premise of God's word.

The first four words in the Bible are "In the beginning God....."

In the beginning God spoke and the earth as we know it was created.

A person either believes in God and the whole truth of His word or he does not believe.

A person cannot believe unless he has faith and faith is a gift of God.

Hebrews 11:6 "And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him."

If you struggle with believing in God and His word, just simply ask Him to give you the gift of faith so that you can read God's word and believe. Remember the above verse, "He is a rewarder of those who seek Him."

2 Chronicles 16:9 "For the eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His...."

The Lord's strong support...........I desire that, how about you?

I am studying "Great Doctrines of the Bible" by Martin Lloyd Jones." The * indicates truths that he has stated in this great book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Anonymous said...

Hello. I was fidgeting with my own blog and I accidentaly hit the «next blog» button. This «next» happened to be yours.

Incidentally, I was also watching a documentary titled :«Jesus Camp».

Nowadays, i'm reading stuff on ancient Greece religious life...which was polytheist. Did you know that Greeks believed that gods were joyous, enlightened, strong and passionate? And that they couldn't be sullied by looking upon dying people? Also, the ancient Greeks believed in only one afterlife in the realm of Shadows; Hades.

You might be wondering why i'm writing this...Well, i'm not a christian, nor a muslim, nor anything religious. I'm not even an atheist. On the contrary, I believe that people who posess Faith have something that I have not.

Read it as a spontaneous desire to relate to a faithful christian. We won't ever be joined in heaven, because I've known all my life, that death is just that: it ends. No second chances, no afterlife, no nothing. It's written in my bones, my blood is drying as we speak, I will die and just cease to be. Then again, it doesn't mean Heaven doesn't exists, it only means I won't be there, nor will I end up in Hell. This «Me» will just become a «It».

After a while, God becomes something like a waking dream, more than a fantasy...a myth, a sense of creation devoid of revelation, nature, life. Strenght.

Scriptures, obedience, hope...represent a lack of essence, the expression of fear in the absolute truthfulness of the word «absence». This «emptiness» needs, raveningly so, to feel and touch things...I can't help it, this is life pulsing and in this, I'm an expression of divinity.

Everything else, be it christianity, judaism, islam, are oddities, pale copies of what my life ought to be.

I gave my hundred and twenty five years old Bible to a born again christian. He was very touched, His God's holy Words were given back to him by a godless philosopher.