Tuesday, January 29, 2008

a gift

I was up before "first light" this morning. I love "first light." It creeps in slowly......it is the time when you can first make out the beauty of God's creation. The horizon gives up it's dark shadows in minuscule increments until finally you can see clearly that which was hidden from sight during the long, dark night.

This is the time when I read and pray...............before daylight starts the world in motion again.

Hebrews 6:19 "This hope (Jesus) we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both sure and steadfast......"

Beautiful words for us to mediatate upon^

I have a book.........."The Asssurance of our Salvation" by Martin LLoyd Jones. It contains studies in John 17...........Jesus' prayer for those who belong to Him. It is an amazing book of hope for anyone who wants to bask in the goodness of God to us in salvation.

It is not new...... it was recently returned to me.

I want to pass it along to another believer as a blessing. All I would ask in return is that you read it thoughtfully from cover to cover. You may keep it to read again and again or you may pass it on to someone you would like to bless.

I will send it to the first person who expresses a desire.................... cathy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathy,

I am so inspired by your blog. I consider it a gift. I would love to read your book. I would happily return it to you after I am finished. I live in Virginia, however.

What a blessing about your family and their new church in Wiliamsburg. I will keep them in my prayers. One of my sons is a Junior at The College of William and Mary. Williamsburg is a wonderful area.

God is calling me to know Him on a deeper level. Thank you for your encouragement.

Margaret

Cathy Cleland said...
This comment has been removed by the author.