Friday, January 11, 2008

a picture of my pink bike

It is a beautiful day and I decided to take a bike ride. I went to the bike shop and purchased the basket that you see in the photo so that I could have my camera handy.

I started out happily on my ride and found that I could hardly go. Oh dear me, I run up two flights of stairs several times a day. How could I have gotten that badly out of shape so quickly?

People in passing cars had to be saying, "look at that poor woman, she can barely keep that bike up she's going so slow."

I trudged on........the wind, that's it! It has picked up a little bit and I must be struggling against that invisible force. The wind was part of my problem, but when I got back to the condo Bubba said that both of my tires were almost completely flat.

No wonder it was so hard to peddle myself around the streets of Tybee.

David sent a picture of Harry after his laser treatment yesterday. They hit him hard and he was badly bruised. My heart almost broke when I saw the photo. The next time they do this he will be put to sleep. He is still a very handsome little guy, and because he is a baby, he will heal very quickly.

Amanda called to say that all is going well in Lunexa. They have a very busy weekend planned. Managing two little ones in a situation like this is very challenging, but Amanda always calls with her funny stories and by that I know that things are good.

We're having shrimp tonight. It's so nice to stop by the dock and buy fresh seafood for dinner. It's kinda like we're on a permanent vacation.

I tell you, in the midst of this incredibly difficult situation, the blessings of the Lord are too numerous to count.

Have a lovely weekend.........c

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you were definitely "down to earth"and not "floating on air"
Glad it was not the legs!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your bike! It's so cute!
Anna

Anonymous said...

Good post.