Sunday, January 27, 2008

to be called

Passages from Psalm 119 praising the benefits of being in God's word:
"Thy testimonies"
"Thy law"
"Thy precepts"
"Thy ordinances"
"Thy statutes"
All of these refer to God's word.

"How blessed are those who observe His testimonies, who seek Him with all their heart."

"Thy word have I treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against Thee."

"Open my eyes, that I may behold wonderful things from Thy law."

"Give me understanding that I may observe Thy law, and keep it with all my heart."

"Thy testimonies also are my delight; they are my counselors."

"I shall have an answer for him who reproaches me, for I trust in Thy word."

There are many more verses where these came from for a later time.

I'll say this..........if you ever get down, go to God's word. Write down some verses. It will save your life, it will bring your mind up from the pit to where it needs to be, centered on the truth of what we have "in Christ."

Mark, Amanda, Jake, and Eli were called and voted into the pastorship and ministry of the church near Williamsburg, VA, after the morning service today.

We are thankful for God's provision for these our loved ones as they have accetped the call into His service. Please keep them in your prayers.

No comments: