Tuesday, January 1, 2008

welcome 2008

Here are some Christmas pictures of our precious grand babies. Three boys and a girl.....I never knew that being a "grammy" would be so wonderful. These children are a blessing from the Lord.
The new year came in quietly last night. I didn't hear it come because I was sound asleep. This morning when I woke up it was 2008.
It was a very quiet New Year's Day. I didn't leave the condo. The mountains of dirty laundry that we brought home from our trip have been reduced to two. I ran out of Gain....they will have to wait until tomorrow.
We cooked a large pork roast, with black-eyed peas for "good luck" which we don't believe in. Bubba has enjoyed the games and is euphoric now that his Georgia Bulldogs are on the screen.
A "new year" holds lots of promise. It is a time to plan, to organize...........a time to hope that things will be accomplished. It is a new beginning, a respite after the frenzy of the holidays to get back to normal.
I only have two plans for the coming year:
Drink only water (except for my morning coffee) & exercise every day no matter what.
Day one has passed and I didn't do either of these things.
I justify myself in that "it takes a couple of days to get started." Soon it's July and I never got started.
Hopefully the year 2008 will be different.
Anyway......Happy New Year to each of you and may all of your dreams come true...c

No comments: