Wednesday, January 9, 2008

we'll be praying

Tomorrow morning bright and early, Mark, Amanda, Jake, and Eli will leave for a town very near Williamsburg, VA, to candidate at a church.

We wish them well and truly, may God's will be done. My human side would want them to be closer, but my heart wants what God wants for them.

Amanda and I have done all the girl "stuff," talking about outfits for her and the boys, wondering about the events that they will attend, and what the boys will be like on an eight hour trip. Everybody is very excited.

Mark continues to suffer with illness....this time with a very bad case of "strep throat."

God bless you all with wisdom and discernment and good, safe travel. We'll be praying.

I've been talking on and off about the vehicle situation with David and Erika. The "Jimmy" was pieced back together, but Erika's car was failing fast.

A most generous couple in their church came to the front door last week unexpectedly with keys to a van that they no longer needed. David and Erika were so ecstatic as would be expected and so were we.

God has met every need in these two couples lives in a most amazing way. He is a giving God, a loving God, a faithful God.

I could talk for hours about how the Lord has blessed and even then I wouldn't be able to remember it all.

Harry goes for his second laser treatment tomorrow. (Their need for the medical insurance deductible has been met as well. ) Harry...hang in there tomorrow....we love you.

This past week has been a major crisis in my "situation," but God is bearing us up. We have made some decisions. Pray for me to have the courage I need to do what I have to do. In view of God's faithfulness in the past, I think I will be able to persevere.

God is good always and in every set of circumstances.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God will be very busy tonight as he gets all these prayer request
and prayers of thanksgiving from your
blog readers
Amanda, Mark and family we too wish it were closer to Ga. but God's will be done.
We love you all.
ECD