Saturday, March 15, 2008

bed risers

Bubba and I have had a king-sized bed from day one of our marriage.

We are now on our third mattress.

Our bed is a cloud of pillow top mattress, overfilled mattress pad, an extrodinarily puffy down comforter, sheets with a very high thread count, and lots of really comfortable pillows. It is heaven to get into at night.

Just before we left Fayetteville I bought a new comforter, shams, and a matching bedskirt. The bedskirt dragged on the floor bothering me a bit.

While in Home Depot one day I saw what was advertised as "bed risers." "Just the trick," I thought, to solve the bedskirt problem.

Our bed is now halfway up to the ceiling and I only bought the 7 inch ones....they also make them in 9 inch and 12 inch sizes.

Needless to say I love the high bed even if I have to jump off when I go to get up in the morning.

Speaking of very soft sheets, I think I mentioned that the ones we have been sleeping on were wearing out much to my dismay. When we moved from the condo last week I had to send them to the trash heap as I had slit them in two with my hand while getting in bed one night.

Did I ever tell you that Bubba went out on his own and bought me a pair of $70.00 pillowcases for one of my Christmas gifts? He felt bad that the ones I loved so much had fallen apart. What a surprise. They sleep so well.

Must go.....it will soon be time to "climb" into bed............c

No comments: