Thursday, March 13, 2008

my desk

I have water in one of my ears......I can hear it sloshing around when I move my head.

Our new shower has a hand held device that has the force of Niagra Falls. I use it when I wash my hair to get the soap out....one pass over my head and the soap is gone.

I must have squirted it in my ear. I need to get Bubba to drain my head.

I have always wanted a desk of my own.......one in which to place the ugly parts of the computer that are now hanging out everywhere. One with a drawer for my pens and my paper.....A "ladies desk" to be sure.

Today was to be a stay at home and work day, but Bubba's van had a starter problem. I had to pick him up at the service center and transport him to another vehicle.

On the way home I stopped by Haverty's just to look at the desks in the clearance center.....sure enough, there it was in all of it's glory. It is white, small in size, with a drawer, and only a couple of bumps and bruises. I bought it on the spot.

You remember that red box that had my birthday and Christmas money hidden away in the drawer? It is spent now.........all gone; but I have my "ladies desk." I feel very blessed.

Sorry I've been away for a while. "Movin" is hard work and my body hurts and I'm shot as the night approches.

Psalm 55:22 "Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you need a secretary/receptionist
post a notice and I will apply.
You can now start the draft for your book.