Monday, March 31, 2008

a relic

I love grilled cheese sandwiches. I don't make them that often, but I have recently had a resurgence of desire for them. I'll tell you why.

While looking through Nana's old kitchen things, I came across this griddle. It is cast iron, well-seasoned and flat. It is the perfect thing to make grilled cheese sandwiches on.

Sunday nights at out house are usually "grab whatever you want nights." After eating a large meal after church we never seen to want very much to eat when evening comes. Last night I decided to make a sandwich on my new griddle. It turned out perfectly!

Bubba made himself a fried egg sandwich and offered to make me one as well. The reason he offered is that he knows I don't eat eggs and he knows that I will always refuse his offer. He made his in a burst of hurriedness as he wanted to get back to the basketball game.

He always makes a big deal out of flipping the egg over the sink and landing it back in the frying pan. Last night he missed and half of it went down the disposal. I heard him as he walked off mumbling something about being glad the eggs were jumbo sized.....

I made another grilled cheese for lunch just now. I'm sure glad to have that griddle!!

Later on I will have a picture of where I think the bullfrog is hiding. cathy

2 comments:

amanda h said...

That looks like the perfect griddle to add to your daughter's cooking items!

Cathy Cleland said...

I feel very badly about keeping it for myself, but how can I part with it so soon after I found it?

mom