Monday, March 10, 2008

sea monster

There is what "they" call a lagoon in back of our house.

Today was a stay at home and work day.....the cause of which is called "movin in."

While putting up the windows to let the breeze blow, I spotted a strange object hovering right at water's edge. It looked like the biggest, scariest sea turtle I have ever seen.

Needing to take take a closer look I proceeded cautiously out of the back door.....which closed behind me and locked itself tighter than a drum.

I decided to deal with the locked door later as my curiousity was driving me down to see the "creature" first hand. The closer I got I could see two huge eyes staring at me. What an amazing sight right at my back door....but how in the world did it get to our tiny pond of water?

On closer inspection I realized that it was a plastic sandbox top in the form of a turtle floating merrily along in the breeze.

I felt like a nut and I was locked out to boot. After struggling for some minutes with a screen which would not budge, I remembered that the code to the garage door is on the outside of the house. I walked around to the front of the house and got right in.

I wanted Bubba to see the "great sea turtle" when he got home but "he" was nowhere to be seen.

Harry had his third laser treatment today. He was put to sleep this time. The doctors are very pleased with the progress he is making. The only problem was that the whole family including Lucy had to be at the hospital at 6:15am. Everybody napped a goodly portion of the rest of the day.

Thank you God for little baby Harry and the mercy and grace You are showing to Him.

To God be the glory!

No comments: