Thursday, July 24, 2008

11,033

My next sitemeter goal may happen tonight.....please let me know who you are if you can. On the other hand it will probably be tomorrow. I can't see myself getting 78 more hits by midnight tonight. Remember 11,111.

The weary travelers arrived last evening at just about dusk. I was standing in the driveway waiting for them to arrive. It was a long, hard trip and all were very glad to get out of the van (which was packed like sardines in a can).

Lucy had a bit of a hard time unwinding, but Harry went hard and fast asleep very quickly. I only had the books out last night and we did a little reading of the favorites.

I made the mistake of passing by Lucy's bedroom door with the shopping cart. She saw me pass by and started crying to get up and play. We were all too tired to loose her at that point.

We all had breakfast outside this morning. Maude the cat even got to go out and snoop around. I would not let her go out when she was under my watch. I have hearby abdicated her care to my very sweet daughter-in-law, Erika.

There is a friend that "sticketh closer than a brother " in my life. Her name is Sandy. She is having some real health problems and is going through some real trials. She knew that I had been down and out this week so she called and invited me to go to lunch and to see "Mama Mia."
What a wonderful time we had. We went to the "Toucan Cafe" for lunch and it was divine. We talked and laughed and had a wonderful time over our blackened chicken salads.

Mama Mia.....Let me just say I loved this movie......I want to live in the place that this was filmed.....a villa looking out over the Aegean Sea (supposedly). I loved the colors and the furnishing and the songs and the last scene was absolutely so beautiful to me that I wanted to cry.

Thank you Sandy for being so kind to me at a really difficult time in my life in spite of my failures on your behalf. I pray that you will soon be well!!!!!

What an awesome God we serve. What a tremendous blessing life is. I want to grab hold of every minute of it and make these the best years of my life.

I love you......c

2 comments:

Allison said...

Cathy, how did you get your counter on your blog?

By the way, this is such a great blog and I love your spiritual posts most of all. They are truly uplifting.

Hope you are having a great day.

Cherie said...

I guess I am visitor 11,111.
My name is Cherie and I used to work with Amanda at Grace to You in California. I enjoy your blog.

Blessings,
~Cherie