Thursday, July 3, 2008

"the good of others"

Bubba is seen in this picture with some extremely long bamboo poles that he purchased just recently. Right now they are laying in the sun changing color from bright green to natural.

Amanda, Jake, and Eli are coming on Monday for a visit.

The ultimate purpose for these pieces of bamboo is to make fishing poles for he and Jake. Bubba's will be long and Jakes will be short. Just the right size for them to catch some fish from the pond.

I am very excited to see how this goes.

Looks like our Fourth of July will be stormy. We have set aside tomorrow to rest and veg out. On Saturday and Sunday we will pack and move the rest of the things out of the house on Ole Mill. I sure hope we can get it all done.

David and Erika will live in the house until they find one of their own.

Bubba made a big batch of shrimp salad and surprised Aunt Dottie with it this morning. She called later to say that it was the best she had ever eaten. (The food at her place is not very tasty so I know it was delicious to her.

One of the things I have learned throughout my life is that................it is in doing for others that we are most blessed. It is the cure for:

anxiety
depression
bitterness
brooding
fear
gossip
hate
jealousy
laziness
resentment
self-centeredness
self-pity..................and so much more.

I Corinthians 10:24 "Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others."

3 comments:

amanda h said...

Just wanted to report that I am the 9,911th visitor to the site. I just know I am going to win the $50 prize for being the 10,000th visitor.

Cathy Cleland said...

I just might give $50 to the 10,000th visitor.

The race is on......

Anonymous said...

Cathy,In reading the recent blogs on LOVE I saw something in the paper on Wed. in the obit for Mr. Joe Purvis, a ret'd FBI agent who died here in Savannah....It told that his philosophy was simple: To succeed, WORK; to be happy , LOVE
I thought that went right along with your writings.
Have a Happy Holiday!!
ECD