Friday, July 11, 2008

just one of those days

Have you ever just thought, "I'm at the end of my rope?"

Have you ever just wanted to climb into the comforter and stay there?
Today has been one of those days........................for me.
I woke up very early and couldn't go back to sleep.
I think that it is Friday............but I'm not sure.
While I was changing Jake's morning poo-poo, Eli was, to my dismay, found having the time of his life playing in the toilet.
I made great effort to get to Kroger to get gas and I didn't have my Kroger card.
We (Amanda, Jake and Eli and I) visited with and told Aunt Dot and Daddy goodbye. The Hollinsworth's are going back home tomorrow.
I tore a favorite skirt to the extent that it cannot be repaired.
I locked myself out of the house when I arrived back home with two sleepy boys.
I put them in the yellow wagon to roll them around back for me to see if I could get in the house.
Jake started wailing because he thought I was taking him to the pool.
And then I found a blessing......the back door was left unlocked and we got into the house.
It's 2:30 and I am writing this blog (for relaxation).
This week has hit me like a ton of rocks. Just when you think you can take no more, another load gets delivered. But God has promised that He will give us no more than we can handle and in that I take my hope.
"Bless the Lord, O my soul, bless His holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits." Psalm 103: 1&2
and the wonder of all wonders........................
"God does not deal with us (believers) according to our sins, nor repay us according to our iniquites. Psalm 103:10
All I can do at a time like this is quiet my soul with these words of truth.
your friend, Cathy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See First Corinthians 10:13. The word temptation and trials or testing all come from the same interpretation. Interchange them for encouragement.

Cathy Cleland said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I so need that right now. This is the verse I was referring to when I wrote that God never gives more than I can handle. Knowing that these things are given to me by God for my growth in Him makes them so much easier to bear. And.....there are so many good blessings in my life. The best is knowing that people love me and care.