Friday, April 20, 2012

twinkle twinkle


This is the Pleiades.

I like to be outside gazing up at the stars.
They are all so beauitiful  twinkling in the night sky.
The magnitute of their sheer numbers
overwhelm my finite brain. 
I see God's power
 on display 
up there in the things
He made to adorn the heavens.

I was reading my Bible just now and found this....

"The Lord counts the number of the stars,
He gives names to all of them."
Psalm 147:4

I could never count the stars,
but He knows their number percisely.
Not only does He number them,
but He names each one.

When I get to heaven,
I will want to talk with Him about the names he gave the stars.
Won't that be an interesting evening!

The eloquence
of this
Word of God
is for me to marvel at.
His ways.....are truly only spiritually discerned,
and even then we can only know Him in part.

Abiding now and waiting....
cathy

No comments: