Saturday, April 28, 2012

can you identify with this?


The hardest area of my spiritual life is my
prayer time.
It is also the most important.

We as believers
have the privilege to communicate
with the maker and creator of the universe. 
God covets our prayers...
He emphasizes their importance all through His word. 
Even Jesus,
when He was here on this earth,
 spent most of His time alone in prayer
because that was where
His strength and power came from.

When I pray I am often interrupted...
many times I feel an urgency to get up and do something else.
It is hard for me to focus and not be distracted.
It is at this point that I am most susceptible.
Why is this?

Satan does not want us praying.
He does not want us
to let God be in control of our lives....
He does not want us
 to have the strength to overcome sin,
 because that is how he defeats us.....
how he makes us weak
 and useless in our Christian life.

We must be ever the more diligent in our prayer life.
We must practice sticking with it...
We are talking with our loving heavenly Father.
It should be that kind of relationship.....
every morning,
noon,
and night
we cannot wait to commune with Him.

I read this today and I love it...

"Give ear to my words,
 O Lord,
consider my groaning. 
Heed the sound of my cry for help,
 my King and My God.
For to Thee do I pray.

In the morning,
O Lord,
Thou wilt hear my voice;
In the morning
I will order my prayer to Thee and
eagerly watch."
Psalm 5: 1~3

Pray and eagerly watch...
What a privilege!

No comments: