Monday, April 9, 2012

my new view


This is out of my bedroom window.
The guy who came to do some work today said this....
"You know,
even though Southbridge has been here for thirty years,
you are in the middle of the woods.
When you sit on your deck
you will see deer, rabbits, foxes, and possums
grazing and playing out there.
Oh,
and by the way,
there are copperheads everywhere."

Whoa....
That explains the
strong smell
of mothballs
that I've been trying to overcome in this place.
Evidently,
the previous tenant
 heard that mothballs chase away the snakes.
Well, they nauseate me.
I think I would rather deal with the sankes.
If anyone knows
how to get rid of
the smell of mothballs,
please contact me immmediately!

So......
 I got myself to the doctor today.
He took one look at my
red, swollen eyes
and said...
"You don't feel so well, do you?

Oh, good doctor,
you have no idea.
Got a shot,
and a dose of prednisone on the spot.
Two prescriptions
and that crazy nasal stuff.
Now I'm wired....
Oh well,
He promised I'd feel better very soon.



2 comments:

Allison Stroud said...

my father has covered their garage in mothballs because of snakes. it apparently does scare them away but I HATE the smell of mothballs as well. You could get Snake Away but it smells worse than mothballs if you can believe that.

Cathy Cleland said...

Thanks alli...
We are on the second floor so I can't imagine that snakes were that big of a problem up here. The bathroom is especially bad. The lady that lived here must have thought they were going to come up the drains. Maybe they did...I don't know.

anyway.....thanks for the info.