Tuesday, April 10, 2012

the porch is taking shape


It's not finished yet,
I want to get a rug and hang those ferns
and add some low lights,
but I'm loving it.

Bubba and I were so thankful for a phone call he got yesterday.
His doctor called with the results of his first
PSA test after the course of radiation
and thye were at a perfect zero.
Much elation resulted from this good news.

I was up very early this morning
reading this....

Psalm 139
O Lord,
Thou hast searched me and know me.

Thou dost know when I sit down
and when I rise up; 
Thou dost understand my thought from afar.

Thou dost scrutinize my path
and my lying down,
and art imtimately acquainted
with all my ways.

Even before there is a word on my tongue, 
Behold, O Lord,
Thou dost know it all.

Thou hast enclosed me behind and before,
and laid Thy hand upon me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;  
it is too high,
I cannot attain to it.

Just these six verses
 set my heart in motion for all day.
If you just know this about God
and nothing else,
 it is enough.

God knows my words before they are even on my tongue.

Yes, this knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is too high,
I cannot attain to it.

No comments: