Wednesday, October 30, 2013

at long last....fire


On a hot afternoon at the very end of October,
I got fire in my fireplace.

The very first house that Bubba and I built together
had a wood-burning fireplace.
We had a huge stack of firewood right outside the backdoor,
and every cold night we had a roaring fire.

We would move from time to time,
but that was always a prerequisite to buying a house.
It had to have a fireplace.

Since moving back to Savannah at the end of 2007,
that hasn't been the case.
Can it really be six years that I've been without?

Anyway....
I'm very thankful!

Going out to get the golf-cart 
that we will use tomorrow night for Halloween.
Lindsey is hosting us at her new home on the Landings.
Can't wait for the fun and fellowship!
We are very excited.....



Fire in my fireplace 
and a spin in a golf cart all in one day.
Blessed beyond measure!








No comments: