Saturday, October 26, 2013

you could see for miles and miles


Spent some time on the beach at Hilton Head today.
It was a little cool and breezy,
but very beautiful.
I love the beach in the fall.
This little fella was posing for me.
If you look closely,
you can see Tybee Island in the distance.

Bleached Pine Cones
They were absolutely beautiful.
Amanda and I saw them at the French Market
last week while we were having fun.
Small and white,
fully open and dainty.
she said,
"You could glitter them with gold."
My head immediately filled with visions of white pine cones 
glittering all over my house for the holidays.

I picked one up and did a study.
"I am not going to buy these;
Pine cones are a dime a dozen and I will make my own.
Take me to the craft store now!"

Famous last words....
I carefully chose 4 cones, just the right size.
This morning I put them in a big bowl,
covered them with water and bleach,
set them on the porch,
and viola....
When we got home from the beach,
they had closed up,
hardened,
and were exactly the same color as when I started.

I am not a crafter!
No ifs, ands, and buts!!!

No comments: