Saturday, December 7, 2013

a real labor of love


What I love about Bubba...

He willingly, without murmuring or complaining,
puts the lights on the Christmas tree.
This is a big one.
You can see how much taller it is than
his height of six feet.

It is still not decorated,
I will do that tomorrow.
It is leaning,
but that can be corrected.
It is hard to manage,
but I think it will be fine when we get it in place.

As we have aged together,
we have gotten better.
We were riding along the other day 
laughing...
"You know Bubba, I said,
 we work together like a well-oiled machine."
He is strong where I am weak
and
I am creative where he is not.
We are better now than we have ever been.

Thank you my love 
for all that you are
 for all that you always have been,
and for all that you yet will be.

"Two are better than one,
because they have a good reward for their labor."
Ecclesiastes 4:9

No comments: