Friday, January 31, 2014

a big pot of fresh lavender...


....to finish out the month of January.
By the way,
this pot of beauty just smells divine.

Yes, I buy flowers for myself.
I love them.
I am getting so excited thinking about all of my favorites
that I plan to plant in my yard this spring.
I want roses,
and hydrangeas,
and geraniums among others.
I just can't wait to make it beautiful.

We were old to get this house,
I know that,
but it truly does make us so happy.
I thank God for this huge blessing every day.
I study the way the sunlight comes in through the back windows.
 I just stand and stare
 at the grass and the trees in the backyard,
thinking and planning the way I want it to look.

The moon tonight took my breath away.
It was a ghost of a thing,
huge,
just hanging in the western sky...
a mere sliver of what it will be,
but O so awe inspiring.
I know the One who made it and hung it there.
I know His Son too,
the One who died so that I could be made whole again.

So thankful to know His grace and mercy tonight.



No comments: