Wednesday, January 8, 2014

frigid in savannah


Will be glad when the
"polar vortex"
slides back up to the North pole
where it belongs.

Bubba and I went down to the beach yesterday afternoon
to check on our condo.
All of the pipes were frozen,
the whole complex was without water into the units.
Our sweet handyman Carl 
had gone out and bought bottled water 
for all of the guests.
Our hope is that none of the frozen pipes will bust open,
causing serious damage.

We take the condo off of the market every January
 to refurbish and use for our own enjoyment.

Last year we replaced the queen mattress with a king,
 much to everyone's delight.
This year we have to buy a new sleeper sofa.
Going out the door is my white slip-covered beauty,
much to my dismay.
It is sagging to the floor and the sleeper part is almost unusable.
We will also be replacing the kitchen sink.

Every time I open the door of that condo
and see the view of the ocean,
I am reminded that God is in control of my life.
Even when the trials come in full force
and all seems hopeless,
He is still in control.
Just now, this morning, I read and meditated upon
Psalm 142.

It is comforting to know
that someone, thousands of years ago,
articulated the struggle of my heart this very day.

My prayer.....
"Bring my soul out of prison,
Let the righteous surround me.
That God will deal bountifully with me."
Psalm 142:7

I pray this for everyone I know as well.


No comments: