Thursday, January 23, 2014

happy birthday david....


He had a head full of hair
and a rather big head.
We had no idea what to do with him.
Somehow he turned out alright.

That was forty years ago today.
Bubba had deposited me at my parent's house
and headed off to work.
He didn't stay there long.

David was born on
January 23, 1974,
at the St. Joseph's Hospital in 
Savannah, Georgia,
at 10:35 pm.
He weighed almost nine pounds
and was perfect.

He was a gift to us from God.

I wrote this to you my friend Loucinda
and it is in the book you made for me.....

"Thought the whole month of January was going to pass
 and I wouldn't have my baby.
 but the sweet thing finally came. 
Can't even describe how great it is to at long last be a mother."

Thankful today for David and Erika
Lucy, Harry, Archie, and Gus...
For all you have become,
for all that is yet to be.
mom

No comments: