Monday, January 13, 2014

snow daisies


These are all over the house right now.
In the kitchen,
the living room,
and even in our bath.
When I saw them in the store they just took my breath away.
Right in the middle of January,
they come to bless our days.
What is a house without flowers?
Much like a day without sunshine,
a week which only sees rain,
a month of tears.

January is an interesting month.
After the frenzy of the holidays, its charms are so welcomed.
A slower pace,
a warm home with a fire and a big comfy chair,
A chance to start over....
to plan new projects and set a few goals,
to clean and organize to my heart's content,
to sit on the back porch in my rocker in a ray of warm sunshine,
talking to a friend.
No rush to be anywhere,
just home where my heart resides so peacefully.
Thank you Lord for January.

I got a new hairdo today.
She chopped and chopped...
kinda cute, don't you think?

Lastly,
I saw this today...
It's why I love my home so much.....

"There is no more
 lovely,
 friendly, 
or charming
relationship,
communion,
or company
than a good marriage."
Martin Luther

You in the attic,
making room for our stuff....
I love you!!!





No comments: