Monday, January 20, 2014

a bull and his horns


This is the one and only time I have ever sat on a bull.
His name was Shiloh
and he was gentle as a lamb.
don't let those huge horns fool you,
he wouldn't hurt a flea.

Bubba and I were in Fort Worth,Texas,
 at a comptrollers conference.
That was back when we traveled somewhere different every week.
I think that's why I love to stay home so much now.

On a more serious note,
I am thankful for God's word tonight.
How often I find in my daily reading,
just the wisdom and insight 
 I need at that very moment.
Our God is faithful.
He keeps all of His promises.
My downfall is not trusting as I should.

Knowing full well the character of the God I worship...
all of His attributes and the wonders He has done,
Why do I faint and fall into unbelief?

God knows my heart,
He made me and He knows
 "when I sit down and when I stand up."
He has a plan...
His plan will come to fruition in His timing
and I must wait 
and trust Him for the outcome.

"And we know 
that all things work together for good
 to those who love God, 
who are the called according to His purpose." 
 Romans 6:28

No comments: