Monday, February 17, 2014

as he thinks so is he


Just back from the beach....
beautiful today, 
but still cold weather.
What happened to those spring-like February days we've had before?

Thinking about God tonight.
Thinking how He always knows what I need.
Realizing that He is very intimately involved in every aspect of my life.
He knows how many hairs are on my head.
He knows when I sit down and when I rise up.
He knows my words before I say them,
He knows my thoughts,
He knows my fears.
And miraculously,
He loves me anyway.

I know that my thoughts are not always pleasing to God,
and I'm working on that.
In fact, this time, I am REALLY working on my thoughts.

"For as a man thinks in his heart, so is he."
Proverbs 23:7

 I read the Bible and other books
explaining different aspects of the Christian life.
Some days I read a lot,
some days I don't read as much,
 and some days I don't read at all.
The amount I read is varying most of the time.

What always amazes me is.......
when I am in great need of knowing and learning a truth
illuminating my particular plight,
that truth is somewhere in my reading for that day.

How does God orchestrate that?
How does He keep my reading schedule ordered in such a way
that at my very moment of need...
He has the answer for me?

How?
He is God and He is able
to do more than I can even begin to comprehend.

Tonight I am thankful
that God is tracking right along with me
and knows
"everything I need for life and godliness"
in this barren world.



No comments: