Tuesday, February 18, 2014

bloodwork, 2 naps, three trips to the car shop


Life for this retired couple pictured above is never boring.
Each day is filled with more than enough
to keep us hoping from
morning until night.

This morning I had an appointment for 
routine yearly blood work....
something to really dread.
Why?
No coffee.
You just have to get up and drive and act normal,
when literally
 you are a basket case of no caffeine.
I will say this...
the breaking of the fast or
breakfast
never tastes so good and is more satisfying
after the drawing of blood is done.

I took two naps today....
never take two naps or even one for that matter.
The first was very short because of Bubba 
walking very loudly down the stairs
 talking to me 
at the top of his lungs.
Later,
after working hard in the attic,
I drifted off again.
It must have been the loss of blood.

Just back from the third trip to the car shop...
rear view mirrors,
oil changes,
new tires,
this and that.
From here to there is quite a hike.
Big budget buster too,
but we have to keep our old cars in tip-top shape.

Supper was at Waffle House....
two waffles (one for him, one for me) and an order of bacon.
Every now and then
 I have a craving.
Was not disappointed at all.

No comments: