Tuesday, February 11, 2014

it seems like a lot....


....of years that is.
Tomorrow is another birthday for me.
I will be sixty-six.
It's really getting serious now...
I'm heading on up there to the really big numbers.

This was my ninth birthday.
Lou, it must have been a skating party.
Just love the skate keys.
Look at me with that scarf around my neck....
i always had a sense of style.
Marion Waters was a lucky boy....
just him and all of us girls.

My moma loved to throw a party and make a cake.
Guess that's why I love to do the same.

God has blessed my years.
He has given me far more than I deserve,
more than I could have ever hoped for.

To know Him is my richest blessing.
To have lived my life without knowing and loving God
would have been such a waste.
He provided His Son Jesus Christ to be my Savior,
my hope for the future.
He has cleansed me and made me His,
for now and for eternity.

I don't fear growing older...
It is His plan
and I am closer to seeing Him face to face.

He is still teaching me 
the things I need to know to be wise.
He has given me a knowledge of and love for His word
that will see me through until my last day on earth.

Always thankful,
always learning,
sometimes fearful,
sometimes perplexed, sad, discouraged,
always with joy in my heart for the things He has done,
never without hope...
that's me,
cathy


.







No comments: