Monday, February 24, 2014

memories


Amanda's wedding day
was one of the happiest days of my life.
Not in the sense that,
Oh yay, Amanda is finally getting married,
but just the day was so much fun,
so filled with joy,
and people I love, 
and happiness,
and all of the good things
that normally are not all grouped together in one glorious day.

The event that was the wedding of
Amanda & Mark
was prepared for and looked forward to
for so long.
So much went into the preparations,
and then everyone came
and took part,
and rejoiced,
and partied,
and ate with us.

What joy!

I was thinking today...
everything we do in our lifetime
joins together
to make the memories 
that we carry with us forever.
When I am old and gray
I will remember the good times
 and be very thankful 
that God gave this particular life to me
 to enjoy and remember.

Praises to Him tonight for the memories!


No comments: