Friday, May 30, 2014

lulled into thinking.....


....that the deer had found another
restaurant.

A friend had suggested a deer repellent spray,
and it seemed to be holding them at bay.
There had been a few nibbles,
but most of the flowers were starting to recover.

Yesterday I bought this Gerber Daisy,
one of my favorites.
Last evening I planted it...
so beautiful.

One of the first things I do every morning
is go check on my flowers.
Grabbing a cup of coffee,
I ventured out on the back porch to admire
the lovelies in my garden.

Those big, pink beauties
were chomped off, 
leaving nothing but the green leaves.
I was shocked.
Needless to say, I had failed to spray,
and the deer,
being no dummies,
found opportunity to chow down.

Not giving up!
Will continue to fight.
Bubba is growing weary,
said tonight that I need to not buy any more. :(

"As the deer pants for the water brooks,
so my soul pants for You, O God."
Psalm 42:1

*Truth....
I love the deer because God made them.


No comments: