Monday, June 2, 2014

barrier islands

So glad I get to live on the coast.
I count that a huge blessing from the Lord.

Just look at all these little barrier islands
of which Tybee is the first and the smallest.
Yesterday the wind was whipping up the surf big time down at the beach.
Lots of white caps on the waves coming in at an angle.
A little on the cool side....
needed my sweater.

Been working in the yard this evening.
Little by little I am making progress.
Thinking about the verse in Genesis 3,
after the fall,
when God cursed the ground.....

"Cursed is the ground for your sake;
in toil you shall eat of it all the days of your life.
Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you."

*Working with the ground will always be hard work.

Bubba laughs at me as I fight my battles with the deer.
The guy who cuts our grass
said that we could put motion sensors on our sprinkler system.
Then at night when they come to feast,
the water will hit them and they will run away.
That is our next project.

I'm an island girl...
always have been, always will be.
There is salt water coursing through my veins.
Best smell in the world is the salt marsh at sunset.
Love the beach,
and summer,
and long days,
and waves crashing on the shore.
Thank you Lord for all of this!!!





No comments: