Tuesday, June 24, 2014

big beautiful blooms


I finally outsmarted the little fellas.....
the hungry, hungry deer will not come up on the porch
so,
my geraniums are safe at last.
I use Blooming and Rooting
by ferto.lome.
they are filled with blooms 
and big,
 thick, 
green leaves.

While chatting with Amanda this morning,
I told her that Bubba said,
"Cathy, we (meaning me) need to watch our spending in the coming weeks."
To which she replied,
"Yes mom, you are nuts.....  
You spend all of your money on flowers."

I had not thought of that,
but she is right.
Between deer repellent
 and fertilizer 
and clay pots
and new flowers to replace the ones the deer eat,
I have been spending a bundle.

So glad she called this to my attention.
Plus our water bill is sky high.
If you miss one day watering in this heat,
they are drooping like crazy.

Having flowers is a tiring,
expensive,
rat race but
they sure are beautiful.

#Cathy on the back porch so proud of her geraniums.



No comments: