Sunday, June 8, 2014

deacon's bench


When Bubba and I first got married,
we bought two pieces of furniture....
This bench
 and a rocking chair to match.

For the last few years we have had no place for them. 
They have been in storage.

Then, out of the blue,
 an idea hit me.
Paint it white and put it on our front porch.

I always get a little nervous 
when Bubba starts a painting project.
He gets paint everywhere,
spills it,
and otherwise creates a mess.

But,
out of the garage goes my car,
a painting stage is set,
and work begins.

I think it turned out beautifully....
just what the porch needed,
and I dressed it up
with a sand dollar pillow.

He is also painting my 
Adirondack chair.
It is white and will sit on the lawn in the backyard.

He only ruined one set of clothes.
He wears those every time he paints.
They were blue 
and now are white as snow.

So thankful for Bubba.
He willingly does sweet things for me, 
even though I say bad things about his painting skillls.

Love you bub!


No comments: