Thursday, June 19, 2014

this is summer....


I love summer....
love to walk outside 
and have the warmth envelope me.
Love to feel the soft breeze
wrap itself around my body like a warm blanket.
Love to watch my flowers grow,
to give them water to drink from the hose,
spraying a little of the cool water
on my bare skin.

I love the long days.
I love that it is still light when I go to bed.
Bubba always laughs at me for hitting the hay so early.
I love that when I wake up 
the sun is already up and shinning in my window.
saying....
"Get up, Get up, there are fun things to do."

I love to be immersed in water.
I love to ride the waves
 in the ocean
and get lost in the foam of their curls.
I love to be barefoot in the sand feeling its warmth through my toes.

I love to drink lemonade and sweet tea.
I love fireworks on the
4th of July,
decorating the golf cart in red white and blue, 
and riding merrily along.

I love that our skin is browning up,
and our hair is getting blonder.
I love the look on the children's faces when they jump in the pool.

I love summer!
I love you too!


No comments: