Sunday, June 15, 2014

yard


I take great joy in having a backyard.
It has been a long time.
Most every day I do some work out there.
The lawn is luscious.
Most every evening I sit on the back porch and enjoy.

As I grow older,
I am more and more a homebody.
Simple pleasures,
beauty,
love of family and friends
make life such a pleasure and a delight.

The deer give me a hard time.
They love my yard too.
We do battle each and every day.
I spray and they eat.
I think I'm going to sit up all night and just watch for them.
Bubba and I were so excited about
growing eggplants.....
love them fresh off the vine and into the frying pan.
All six plants were gone the first night.
As you can see in the picture,
there are some plants they do not bother.
I need to be thankful for those.

Had a great Father's Day weekend.
Hilton Head yesterday
and church and the beach today.
Bubba did his "Daddy" thing well.
He has many rewards...
six to be exact.

Thank you Lord for Dads.
For hard work,
lots of play,
and most of all 
lots and lots of love.


No comments: