Thursday, August 14, 2014

before & after



The above picture is the "before."
Harry had gone to the nursery with me
to get my new flowers in the spring.
Gus is the
overseer of the project.


This is the "after."
How they look now.
Obviously the deer do not like these flowers.
They never once even took a nibble.

Someone asked the other day,
"How are you getting along with the deer?"
My reply.....
I more or less gave up.

No matter how much I sprayed the deer repellent,
they still ate the flowers they love.
I was always losing the battle,
so I let them eat.

Deer are in such abundance out here in the woods,
that there is no real way to control them.
Bubba was sitting out on the porch
in the rocking chair
early one morning last week
 and a huge doe walked right in front of him.
They pretty much own our yard.

We are going to get a fence.
I think that will help.
Will start over again next spring
a whole lot wiser in all things flowers.

This afternoon I am thankful
for the things that did grow,
for the joy of having a real backyard
with green grass
and the beauty you see above.


No comments: