Saturday, August 16, 2014

flowers from my garden


I am constantly reading books....
trying to learn all I can about God and His ways.
I guess you would say
I seek after Him.

I am especially interested in heaven.
What is heaven like?
Will we know each other there?
Will I still have an ocean to enjoy?
Things like that.

This made me pause....

They rest from their labors ~

"That which makes everything laborious is sin....
the opposition of Satan and the world,
and the drag of our old nature.

Some believers have a constant struggle with Satan.
He is standing at their right hand to resist them;
he is constantly distracting them in prayer,
hurling fiery darts at their soul,
tempting them to sin.
Their whole life 
is labor.

But when we die in the Lord,
we shall rest from this labor,
Satan's work will be done.
The accuser of the believer will no longer annoy."
Blessed are the dead
R. Murray M'cheyne

I am thankful that when we die in the Lord,
we are completely free from this weight of sin.
We will soar,
we will fly away from the heavy burden that
has weighted our souls down
and kept us tethered to this earth.
Praise God 
for what lies ahead 
for those who trust in the Lord.

I love you.
I always have, I always will.




No comments: