Tuesday, August 19, 2014

saltwater is the cure for everything


Really, its true.
When someone gets the sniffles,
we hop in the car and drive to the beach.
If its warm,
you get in the surf.
If its cold,
you just go and breathe the salt air.
Saltwater heals cuts,
it heals and soothes tired, aching muscles,
and it melts my hurting soul.

Come with me and hold my hand.
Let us walk beside the sea.
Look out there upon the vastness of the ocean
and remember that God controls
its every movement.
Come, let us sit in the sand
and watch the sun pop up out of the water.
Higher and higher it goes,
bringing daylight out of the night.
Come, walk in the wet sand with me,
making footprints 
that will soon be washed away.
Listen to the pounding of the mighty waves,
watch them
 come and go and come again.
cc
The ocean never loses its appeal,
never fails to point me to God
full of praise and worship.



No comments: