Saturday, August 30, 2014

sliver moon at sunset


We are home from our vacation.....
experiencing the letdown after being in paradise for a week.
I slept for two hours when I got home,
before unpacking.

I was so excited when I loaded these pictures 
and saw the shot I got last evening.

The weather was so beautiful all week.
There was not a drop of humidity the whole time.
Last night I had to shut the bedroom window
because the wind started howling,
and with the wind,
the humidity came back to greet us this morning.
So thankful for the gorgeous weather.

We stayed at Shorewood, on Hilton Head Island,
which was bittersweet for us.
This is the place where,
in the eighties,
we went for two weeks with our respective families.
So many good memories
 and pictures were made there.
Made me miss some people really bad.

This vacation was amazing in that
we hardly left the beach at all.
We did drive back for church last Sunday,
but after that I only left twice.
Our only eat out was crab legs with two special people
who came over for a bit on Thursday.

We had a wide angle view of the beach and the ocean.
Not even a tall tree to obstruct the view.
I spent much time on the porch
just gazing at the wonders of God creation....
relishing in all that beauty.

I feel rested and kind of sad.
Cannot wait to go back.
I came home with an amazing tan as well.

Thank you God for a perfect vacation!




No comments: