Monday, August 25, 2014

nothing but the beach



This picture was taken early this morning.
The sun was rising over the ocean,
beginning its circuit to the other side.
Now as I write it is heading for its set.

Bubba and I are vacationing.
He made my dream come true to spend a week on the beach.
We are without children or grandchildren and it feels strange.

When we arrived on Saturday afternoon, it was 104 degrees.
Today,
when I arose from sleep and made my way to the porch,
I needed a wrap.
Felt like a fall day.

He and I spent the day on the beach,
under our umbrella,
enjoying the feel of a hot sun and a cool breeze.

I have to learn how to vacation.....
give myself permission to do nothing.
It is not easy, but I am learning well.
Already feeling relaxed and easy.

Waiting for a thunderstorm
and that high surf from hurricane Christobol.
Sitting on the deck is almost like sitting on the beach at this place....
truly, we are hanging over the ocean.

The beach is my best love!
Thank you Lord and Bub


Got a picture of the sun going down...
It just completed its circuit for the day.    :)

No comments: