Saturday, August 9, 2014

to eat a peach


I love peaches....
tis the season to enjoy.
Gonna make some homemade peach ice cream very soon.

Thinking so much lately about the 
persecuted Christians all over the world.
Praying for them,
that God will provide that inner 
peace and joy
that only comes from knowing Him.

Satan, the ruler of this world,
is doing his best to squelch the Truth of God's word.
It is happening here in Savannah 
as well as in the darkest places on this earth.
We can only watch in horror
as people are being tortured and killed,
just for believing the truth.

The apostle Paul was in chains
when he wrote the book of Philippians.
He had experienced persecution at its highest level,
and yet, 
he had learned to be content in all circumstances.
How can that be possible
in the midst of extreme pain and suffering?

This is how he worked out his argument....

"1.  Circumstances are always changing,
therefore,
I must not be dependent on circumstances.

    2.  What matters supremely and vitally
 is my soul
and my relationship to God.
This is the first thing.

3.  God is concerned about me as my Father,
and nothing happens to me 
apart from God.
Even the very hairs of my head are all numbered.
I must never forget that.

4.  God's will and God's ways are a great mystery, 
but I know that whatever He wills 
or permits is, of necessity,
for my good.

5.  Every situation in life
 is the unfolding of some manifestation of God's love or goodness.
Therefore, 
my business is to look for each special manifestation of 
God's goodness or kindness
and to be prepared for surprises and blessings.

6.  I must therefore regard the circumstances and conditions of my life 
as a part of God's dealing with me in the work of
perfecting my soul and bringing me to
final perfection.

7.  Whatever my conditions may be at this moment,
they are only temporary,
they are only passing,
and they can never rob me of the joy and the glory
 that ultimately await me with Christ."

The Life of Joy and Peace
Martyn L Jones

I would say that Paul woked out this argument to perfection.

These things  (1~7) above,
are what the Lord has been trying to teach me for the last 11 months.
I am a slow learner, but willing.

To God be all praise and glory!


No comments: