Wednesday, September 3, 2014

big tree ~ coming down


He says its 100 feet tall....
the tree man that is.
It towers over all the other trees in the neighborhood.

I love trees.
It saddens me to have to have it cut down,
but it is leaning precariously
over toward our neighbors house.
The tree guy says,
"If it falls its falling right on his house."
So, since its on our property
we are responsible for any damages it may incur.
Also,
the bottom of the tree is rotten.

Now we wait. 
The first tree guy that we contracted with never showed up.
After two months of looking for him to show up,
 we found out that he never intended to do any cutting down on our property.
The fact that he drives around town in a huge truck
with blazing fire painted on the sides
should have been our first clue.
Bubba was not happy.

Those two pale yellow chrysanthemums
that we bought on Monday....
I just got them planted because it stormed last evening.
The deer had already eaten half of them.
How do they know the minute I bring a new plant home?

We hear they are planning to thin the herd out here.
I don't like to think about the implications of that,
but I am glad.
Hopefully it will help!

#ready to throw up my hands in despair
because.....
What's a front porch without pretty flowers?


No comments: