Wednesday, September 17, 2014

my wish


I will tell you what my wish is
at the end.

Monday was a happy day!
I love birthdays, and Harry's seventh 
called for a party.
I decorated, and wrapped gifts,
set the table and cleaned the bathrooms.
Bubba did the cooking...
I love that!

Once the party got going...
I didn't feel so well.
Pain was building in the lower
recesses of my body.

Afterward,
I helped clean up, and told Bubba
I was going to lie down.

I will just say this...
I have never been in so much pain in my life.
By early morning,
I was begging for help.

That stone had cut loose through my body!

At the doctor's office early on Tuesday morning,
they took another x-ray.
The stone was no longer visible.
"It has probably done its thing,"
said the nurse.

Then she said the magic words....
"Do you want a shot?"
"Yes, more than anything in the world."

So, I came home and slept all afternoon and night.
The "shot" is "magic" by the way.
Today I feel better again,
but THE STONE is still with me.

My wish upon a starfish is this....
We leave on Saturday for our trip to Florida.
There are two little boys
 I am eager to see.
Please, little tiny stone that feels like a crater,
will you leave me forever?

No comments: