Sunday, November 9, 2014

"i would wish that she could live forever!"


When Lucy was almost nine,
she answered some questions about her
Grammie.

One question she answered was this.....
If you could wish any wish for your Grammie,
what would you wish for her?

Her answer gave me quite a pause.
Here it is....
"I wish that she could live forever."

I stopped here on the sheet and remembered...
just the other day she had told me,
"Grammy, I'm going to miss you when you die."

Oh my sweet precious Lucy...
your wish for me has already come true.
I will live forever,
but not because I found a magic potion.

I will live forever because Jesus our Savior
died on the cross and rose again,
victorious over death.
He has gone back to heaven to prepare a place for me,
and has promised to come and get me
when the time is right,

I have put my complete faith and trust in Jesus for my salvation,
as I pray every day that you will too.
Then my love,
even when I die and am not here with all of you anymore
to have fun together,
I know that I will see you one day in heaven too.

God has promised that to us,
and as your Daddy said in his sermon today,
"We've got to hold on tightly to God's promises."

I love you so much Lucy....
Gram

*For those who are reading,
As far as I know tonight I am well and healthy.



No comments: