Saturday, January 10, 2015

with the breath of kindness


"Oh, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person;
Having neither to weigh thoughts or measure words,
but to pour them out....
just as they are...
chaff and grain together,
knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them,
keep what is worth keeping,
and then with the breath of kindness,
blow the rest away."
Dinah Maria Craik
1826 - 1887

On the way to the beach yesterday afternoon,
I had a lot on my mind.
Much or most of it needed to come out.
Bubba listened,
sifted,
and told me the truth.
I love him for that gift to me.

Our marriage is blessed in so many ways....
communication
 being chief among them.
I respect him for his wisdom,
he listens to me in an understanding way.

The above quote 
from a friend's post today 
caught my eye and said what was on my mind.

I am so thankful for this man I married.
God brought us together because 
He knew what each of us needed in a spouse.
The reason 
that I trust his wisdom 
is because he is so frequently in God's word and in prayer.
During this last year of suffering,
his prayers literally kept me from going under 
in the waters of sorrow.

God gave me a godly husband.
I had no idea that I needed a godly husband at age 22.
I don't remember even praying for one,
but He knew,
and I am so thankful.




No comments: