Monday, February 23, 2015

I am a victim of......


That's me...
except I never wear big, clunky necklaces.
This picture jumped out at me 
as I was (over) thinking 
about what to write this evening.

For some reason,
and believe me it is not a good thing,
my thoughts do time and a half.
They don't even want to go to sleep at night.
Most of the time,
I am not thinking about 
what I should be thinking about.

The Bible tells us how to think....
"Finally, brethren,
Whatever things are true,
whatever things are noble,
whatever things are just,
whatever things are pure,
whatever things are lovely,
whatever things are of good report,
if there is any virtue
and if there is anything praiseworthy,
meditate 
(or think) on these things."
Philippians 3:8

One of my goals is and has been,
since the great suffering and trial of last year,
 to 
"Bring every thought into captivity
 to the obedience of Christ."
2 Corinthians 10:5b

It is not easy to change a lifetime habit...
First born ~ only child for seven years ~ responsible for everything.

I pray for God's strength every day
to help me get my thoughts
 corralled,
settled,
 quieted, 
at rest,
thinking pleasingly to Him.

I found this picture of myself  in this latest batch
of old pics.
Obviously, I was a young teen.
What in the world happened to my hair?
Maybe this was when I started 
"overthinking" things.




Probably in a pony tail.
And, those bangs just keep getting worse!
What am I wearing?
Looks like a boy's plaid shirt.
Kinda cute,
 but strange for me.



No comments: