Wednesday, February 4, 2015

love is.....


...words ~ the Word.

I have a thing about words.
I love them.
I love to read words,
I love to write words,
I love to hear words spoken .
I especially love to read words that are addressed to me.
Chances are if you have ever written 
I still have your words
tied with a ribbon.
put away,
to read again later 
and be thrilled all over again.

Words can take me to faraway places,
 can make me love a character,
cry for someone I don't even know,
pant with excitement,
shake with fear.
The power of words makes life worth living.

This morning my little text signal went off.
I opened and there were these three words...
I Love You!
Bubba was out and about in town 
and he thought of me.
That's what I mean by the power of words.

The Word,
God's written word to His people
is different from our words.
The Bible describes God's word this way.....

"For the word of God is living and powerful,
and sharper than any two-edged sword,
piercing even to the division of soul and spirit,
and of joints and marrow,
and is the discerner 
of the thoughts and intents of the heart."
Hebrews 4:12

God's word is supernatural.
It is able by the power of the Spirit
to change hearts and minds.
I am constantly amazed by the word of God....
can't get enough,
read it over and then over again.

Love words!!!!


No comments: