Thursday, March 19, 2015

read it


I love Dr. Suess.
I especially like to read Dr. Suess out loud.
He had a way with words that just makes me smile.

When David was born,
he had already been read to.
Whatever I was reading I read out loud to him.
When he emerged from my womb,
I continued to read to him....
probably why the man devours books in his middle age.

The other night in Barns and Nobel,
I was sitting on the little stage with Harry, Gus, and Archie
gathered around
 listening to me read a book to them.
It can happen anywhere,
"Grammy, will you read this book to me?

I have read thousands of books in my lifetime.
I started with 
Gone with the Wind
and I've never stopped.
Some I've loved so much I wanted to reread,
but not many.
Most of the time when I've read it,
I'm finished.

There is one book, however,
that I cannot put on the bookshelf and be done with.
That would be the
 Bible.
I read it through and can't wait to get started again.
It never gets old or boring.
Every time I read it
I find something new, something that I didn't see before.
Maybe this is the reason....

"For the word of God is living and powerful,
and sharper than any two-edged sword,
 piercing even to the division of soul and spirit,
 and of joints and marrow,
 and is a discerner of the thoughts
 and intents of the heart." 
Hebrews 4:12

God's word cuts right through to the heart.
It is living,
true,
and powerful.
It can change your life.
But, you have to read and study and hear it preached.....
consistently!

What are you waiting for?


No comments: